Those popular room deodorizing sprays work well at masking unwanted household odors. However, did you ever look at the ingredient list on the back of those cans? Why not try a simpler, more natural approach by using a diffuser and some essential oils? Diffusing essential oils make your house smell great, and give you the added health benefits that come with using essential oils. All you have to do is add a few drops of your chosen essential oil to the water in your diffuser, and turn it on. Here is a list of some popular essential oils along with their benefits:
- Peppermint - helps increase energy and mental alertness.
- Eucalyptus - helps combat respiratory diseases, and enhances concentration.
- Lavender - helps relieve stress, and combat colds, flu, and migraines.
- Tea Tree Oil - boosts immune system to help fight infection.
- Rosemary - has antidepressant properties, also a mental stimulant ideal for enhanced memory, focus and overall brain performance.
- Patchouli - helps to relieve anxiety, depression, fatigue, and curb addiction.
(If you are pregnant, take caution using essential oils, and always check to make sure it is safe to use while pregnant.)