Raspberry-Lime Chia Bars
Crumble base and topping:
1 stick softened butter
1/2 c granulated sweetener of choice
3/4 cup all-purpose flour (can sub any 1:1 all purpose gluten free flour)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 Simpson Spring Raspberry Lime Rickey
1 cup raspberries (can be fresh or frozen)
1 tbs cornstarch
1.5 tbs chia seeds
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9x9” or 10” round baking dish. Set aside.
1. In a large saucepan, pour raspberries and half bottle (6 ounces) Simpson Spring Lime Rickey. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Slowly add in cornstarch while stirring to thicken. Transfer mixture to a medium glass bowl, add chia seeds. Stir well and set aside.
2. Place crumble ingredients in a large bowl. Combine. (The goal is to mix enough for evenness, but not too much, for a nice texture!)
3. Press about 2/3 of the crumble mixture down in pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. When base is finished, pour raspberry lime filling over. Spread evenly. Layer the last of the crumble topping over. Bake another 28 minutes or until brown on sides.
5. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.